Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 18 – Opposites Attract… Fevers at different times that is

My poor wife has had such a rough day.  We did get to bed kind of late last night but didn’t worry about it too much since it was Saturday and we would be able to sleep in.  The boys came and attacked us at 7:00am, but we staved them off with iPads and were able to get about 45 minutes more of sleep.  When I got out of bed I noticed my wife a little sluggish so I went to help her out of bed.  When I felt her she felt very warm.

I got the thermometer and took her temperature (an ear thermometer).  She was reading 103.5 temperature!!  Yikes!... we’ve known that she has been feeling sick and up to this point was sure that it was due to the die off, but with her temperature worse than it has been we weren’t quite sure.  I made (very politely and gently of course) her get up and take a luke-warm shower so she would cool down.  It worked and we brought her temperature down to about 101.5—still high but livable.

We did some searching and reading of other people going through the cleanse and found out that others have also experienced high fevers during the cleanse part of the program—one lady’s story we read said she ran a 104.5 temperature for 3 days and then on the 4th day she felt “reborn.”  It eased our minds a bit, but I am still concerned if her temperature does get over 104—I may have to run her into a doctor or ER.  However; this evening she is feeling much better and—in fact—her back feels better than she ever remembers it feeling (although she is still running about a 102 temperature).

Food was the same as yesterday—lemon juice and pure maple syrup mixed in 2 quarts of water.  And… of course we are suppose to drink at least half our body weight in ounces of water for the day.

In stark contrast to my wife I feel great—better than I have in a long time.  My ears are clearing up, I felt like I had a lot of energy all day and am only feeling a little sluggish as I type this log.  I also worked on the backup harddrive all day and so far have not found a really great solution, but the good news is I think I fixed my old HP laptop for good (at least for a while).  I baked it yesterday, but it gave me the same problem as before so I baked the motherboard again this morning, but this time decided to bake it for 15 minutes at about 395 degrees—It worked! And I am now trying to update and grab some older pictures I had on there for a while.

Anyway… nothing else to report, didn’t do too much, just a few errands with my brother and his kids (of course bringing my kids along to give my sweatie a break!).  I did talk him into getting a blend tec for his wife for valentines day so SHHH, don’t tell her yet!  J  Tomorrow will hopefully be another good day—I am still worried about getting sick but time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment