Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Day 22 – TGISN

I can count on one hand—in over 20 years—the number of times I have gotten to bed, fell asleep and did not even remember stirring until I woke up in the morning. Other than those handful of times I have gotten up at least once a night to roll or stir or go to the bathroom and generally the number of times I have got up during the night is 3 or 4 times to go to the bathroom.  For the second night in a row I didn’t get up to go to the bathroom—and last night I don’t even remember anything during the night.

Granted… I only got about 6 hours of sleep but that is still more than a lot of people get and more than I generally get.  It is so frustrating to wake up every 4 hours, 2 hours or sometimes every hour to go to the bathroom and then do a quick little walk around the house to see how everything is going (probably part of my anxiety or some sort of OCD).  But, the last two nights give me hope that all this may be coming to an end.

I’m pretty sure I have listed a list of symptoms that I have had but wanted to list it here as a reminder so I remember what it was like.  Symptoms: Anxiety, some depression, ringing in ears, pressure in ears and sinuses and head, fogginess in my thinking, inability to remember, jaw clenching, a lot of headaches, muscle stiffness, burning when urinating, week stream, urine dribble, enlarged prostate, dry hands and feet, tingling in my feet and infertility—and probably more but this is all I can remember right now.

I remember going to a specialist a number of years ago seeing a specialist (urologist) about my problems with urinating, specifically the burning and week stream and urine dribble (there is nothing more frustrating than feeling like you have evacuated all your urine only to have just a little bit dribble out as you are washing your hands and it didn’t seem to matter how long I waited before finishing).

The Doctor was surprised that somebody so young—early thirties at the time—was having such problem with urinating and problems with my prostate.  He exhausted what seemed like every conceivable medicine possible but NONE worked!  He talked to me about having surgery where they go in and make slits in your prostate where your urethra comes through so the urine “might come all the way out.”

The problem is the doctor was not very convince and—luckily/thankfully—he told me there was about a 50% chance that it would make matters worse.  It talked at great length about this with my wife at that time and we almost went through with the surgery—I felt that desperate and ready to be done with that ailment so that I could begin to tackle the rest.

I wonder if part of the reason that the Candida thing did not come up earlier is that I had no thought that all the symptoms might be related, so I was seeing different “specialists” for my many ailments.  I hadn’t really considered alternative medicine but had tried acupuncture while we were trying to deal with infertility (another story for another time).  However; I did ask him about treating my ringing in the ears but he didn’t know what to do, so even among different areas of natural healing there is a communication breakdown.

Anyway… a really good day for me, our breakfast was awesome!  Eggs—since we could introduce some proteins today—with quinoa which we mixed with the egg yolk steel cut oats, but without almond milk since they want us to wait until tomorrow to introduce that, with cinnamon and some stevia.  Lunch was really good too, I made some all natural turkey sausages—no animal bi-products used—which I suppose were made with only the ingredients listed on the box: turkey, peppers and a few spices (no “illegal” stuff).  Mixed with quinoa and avocado over spring mix salad.

I felt like the last few days caught up with me this morning and ended up falling a sleep for a little while—it felt good, but made for a bit of a strain the rest of the day.  Made a trip into the State Bar office so I could pay some fee for competing new attorney certification and turn in some papers—great that I am now one year into being a licensed attorney and still not bringing in a real paycheck—all I can say is I must have the greatest wife in the world!

Dinner was great—my wife made it tonight while I went to the church to take care of the walks.  Since I didn’t go yesterday I didn’t call anybody to help so I spent about 1 ½ hours clearing the walks.  As I was finishing up some stairs I picked upa  shovel load that seemed to through my back out, but I was able to finish just has to move slow.  It is soar now, but doesn’t actually feel like I through my back out—thank goodness!

TGISN (thank goodness it’s spaghetti night!).  Awesome home made marinara with turkey sausages from lunch… mmm mmm mmm—it helped me add 6 pounds to my frame tonight, we’ll see what that means with my weight tomorrow.  My wife’s day started rough, but she was able to get a good amount of food down her and with the addition of meat she seems to be picking up some more energy, but does still seem to be getting over something.  We’ve decided she must have had some sort of virus along with the healing crisis.

No comments:

Post a Comment