That is actually not just a scripture reference. My mother-in-law has been picking up our vitamins at the M’Lis company because she is a distributor (reseller—or whatever she would be considered). My wife and I—I think—are very difficult consumers because we ask questions about everything. When we put a lot of money into something we want to make sure we are doing everything to the “T.” I think my poor mother-in-law was sick of trying to ask all the questions for us so she asked me to come into M’Lis with her today.
I was a little nervous at first, but thought it would be a good idea to get our questions answered. Afterall… there has been plenty we have been upset about and down right mad about how the cleanse was going and frustrated at what appeared to be inconsistencies. It was a very good idea for me to go out there. One of the women who works with M’Lis allowed us to take a bit of her time and place the order along with bombard her with questions—I was glad I did.
We—my wife and I—for instance, love eggs and have been told that we can only have 2 eggs a week. Well as we considered the reasons why they would allow 2 eggs but no more we couldn’t think of any reasons besides maybe cholesterol and/or weight control—2 problems neither my wife and I have to worry about. Kimmie (the lady with M’Lis) told us that the egg thing is actually a bit out dated and that it really didn’t matter now—especially with our weight not being an issue (HOOOOORAY!!! As a side note I went right home—after a stop to Whole Foods—and cooked myself a few eggs!).
I addressed the issue of not really being sure what items are OK and what items are not OK (even asking about a comprehensive list of items). The reason she gave for not having one seemed logical. If they gave all the information they would have to keep it updated with all the changes that happen with products and they would be defeating part of the purpose of the program—a lifestyle change. She did, however, send me a list of hers but wanted me to make sure I knew that the list is NOT ASSOCIATED WITH M’Lis. Kimmie only uses it as her personal list to help her through her candida cleanses. Just realize that this list is not endorsed by M’Lis and does not include the times during the cleanse that these items would be OK, it is just a list of items that are OK at certain times during the cleanse (very helpful). Attached below
• Plain unsweetened yogurt (Fage 2%) mixed with 1 scoop of any flavor M'lis Instant Meal.
• Raw Almonds and Raw Cashews (I have these in my purse at all times)
• M'lis Instant meal sample bottles (half serving of Instant Meal which is good to have in case of emergency).
• Back to Nature Multi Seed Gluten Free Rice Thin Crackers
• Triscuts w/ cream cheese (not good for everyday-- just once per week!)
• Raw avocados with sea salt
• Avocados mashed up with Rico brand Pico de Gallo (vinegar free) mixed in it to make guacamole
• Eggs (omlettes, veggies scrambles, hard boiled)
• Egg salad made with homemade candida friendly mayo (great as a wrap in the Ezekiel tortilla).
• Food for Life brand Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grain Taco Sized Tortillas (Good for tacos, nachos or tortilla chips- coat in olive oil, lightly salt and bake at 350 for 15-20mins)
• Nachos: use the Ezekiel tortillas to make chips. Top with shredded almond cheese, black beans, onions, tomatoes, avocado and Fage yogurt as sour cream substitute
• Bolthouse brand 100% Carrot Juice
• Veggie Juice- I juice my own veggies at home with my Breville Juice Fountain Elite Juicer
• Homemade Cereal of Real Easy Meals site (www.realeasymeals.com)-- ONLY AFTER 1st Detox
• Unsweetend Almond Milk for cereal or M'lis Instant Meal shakes
• Coconut Juice/Water mixed with M'lis Instant Meal
• Baby Carrots and hummus (be sure to read the label of the hummus you buy. no vinegar or sugar or "natural spices")
• Raw zucchini slices (great for snacking)
• Salad fixings (fresh cilantro can add more flavor and also try homemade guacamole or even Fage yogurt)
• Apple brand turkey lunch meat (available at Whole Foods)
• Potatoes (sweet potato, red or russet) : bake then add butter and/or Fage yogurt, or try it cut into chunks with olive oil, garlic, and sea salt baked at 350 for 1 hour.
• Brown rice pasta shells with vinegar-free marinara, ground turkey and fresh veggies.
• Whole wheat flour pizza dough: Make pizza with shredded almond cheese (mixed with butter), tomatoes and fresh basil
• Rotisserie chicken: whole foods sells the whole chicken without the spices. etc that you'd find on it at a grocery store.
• Green Chili Turkey Burgers from realeasymeals.com
• Lemon Popsicle- 1 cup plain unsweetened yogurt, 1 can (13.5 fl. oz.) coconut milk (don't do the low-fat or whatever it is, do the full strength), 2 scoops M'lis Vanilla Instant Meal Powder, Juice of 1/2 a lemon, lemon zest of 1/2 a lemon, 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (Pure maple syrup is only allowed on a Candida program AFTER the 1st detox). Put into Popsicle molds and freeze.
• Pop Chips Brand Original Potato Chips
• Carrot Cake Muffins from Elana's Pantry (Just substitute pure maple syrup for the agave)
• Bread by French Meadow Bakery brand. It's call Flax and Sunflower Seed Bread.
• Spry Toothpaste
• Spry Gu
I asked about Gluten and staying away from that, but then how can cracked wheat or shredded wheat be OK. She said that M’Lis would rather have some of those items out of their clients diets, but they realize there needs to be some leeway so they allow a certain amount of items (but it is up to me—or other clients—to make sure there are no issues with Gluten intolerance because then all bets are off!).
I also asked some other questions and Kimmie was very helpful (thank you Kimmie!). As soon as I finished there I ran to Whole Foods to pick up Tortillas made by a company that includes the name Ezekiel 4:9, which is the reason for the title—you didn’t think I forgot where I was trying to go did you? Let’s just say that after the stop there it has been a GREAT DAY!
Breakfast was very fast steel cut oats and our standard juice (same as yesterday), trip to the dentist office for my boys. It as during times where dentist appointments start at 7:45am when you appreciate your children being morning children. We actually would have got my 8 year old to school on time if it had not been for an accident on the freeway that put us about 10 minutes late getting him to school.
Of course I had a great Egg, deli turkey (from Whole Foods) and yogurt all on a tortilla (also from Whole Foods), MMMM MMMM MMMM MMMM! That ended up pretty much being my lunch because I had to take my 4 year old to school and then went with my brother to switch wireless carriers from Verizon to Sprint. Not happy about the service change, but it allowed my wife and I to both get free iPhones (iPhone 5 for me and a 4S for my wife—who is much less of a gadget brat than I am and didn’t have a smart phone before today) and also save about $60.00 a month to do it! So we’ll live with the service for a while.
Dinner was wrap on the Ezekiel tortilla with yogurt, turkey, spinach and romaine. My wife had a class tonight so I made her a tortilla to take with her. I had to rush over to the school while Sprint was working on switching service and was running late, which means my wife was running late since she had to wait for me to pick up the kids. I went to give her the tortilla before I realized that I must have left it home (which I confirmed later). I was worried all night that she would just have a very hard time during her class and then just come home either frustrated and upset or very sick or both.
To my surprise she actually came home very happy and—although tired—was not feeling sick at all. This means she had another good/great day today. It’s great because I had a pretty good day today as well. I did get tired during the day and am really tired while writing this, but who cares… WE BOTH HAD A GOOD DAY TOGETHER! Now we just have to have that happen on a day when we can actually be together and not running around doing our own things!
Made another egg tortilla this evening so my wife could try one—she loved it by the way—and then made our favorite dessert but was sure to add cacao powder (which we found out it was OK. AWESOME DAY ALL AROUND!!