Friday, March 29, 2013

Day 73 – Garlic Garlic and more Garlic

In our quest to find out the very best for our bodies my wife and I have both decided to start mincing cloves of garlic every day and swallowing them.  I’ve done it before but have been out of the habit for a few weeks, but my wife has never consistently done it.  She is still having a pretty big issue with bloating—we’ve decided that the amount of food we’re eating is probably not the issue so it must be something else.  I guess there is flora (or something like that) and some on the internet—there we go again asking for trouble—say when ridding your body of candida it often opens up other imbalances, one of which is a flora imbalance in your small intestine and evidently garlic is key to treating it.

So for the next few days or weeks we will be mincing 2 cloves of garlic 3 times per day and chasing it with a big drink of water.  This mornings dose was not too bad for me—a few chills and some pretty bad stomach pains for a few minutes and that was it.  Afternoon it was slight worse, but tonight… OH TONIGHT’S was AWFUL!  After swallowing the garlic it took about 30 seconds and then it just hit me like a bad sickness.  I started to get the chills and shake a little while I had some cold sweats and had that funny taste in your mouth that you get right before you throw-up—you know the taste I’m talking about!  Needless to say I hope it doesn’t continue to get worse!

Breakfast today was easy—steel cut oats and our favorite green drink (some things almost always stay the same).  Lunch was quinoa with lemon juice, and green onions topped over salad mixed with our favorite green salsa (still needing to be added to a list of foods we find ourselves eating a lot of!  Had a snack this afternoon before taking my son to karate—some toast (from bread I made today—which needs to be added to recipes (basically 1 cup almond flour, 1 cup brown rice flour, 1 cup arrow root powder, 8 eggs, 1 avocado, 2 droppers of stevia, 1 teaspoon baking soda, ¾ teaspoon salt and then mixed together (liquid separate from dry—blended) then mixed together placed in a bread pan and baked at 350 degrees for about 45-50 minutes.

Dinner was a medley of leftover vegetables (the ones we hadn’t used all week).  Including asparagus, onions (yellow and green), peppers (yellow, red, orange), broccoli, lemon juice, sea salt, basil and coconut oil.  I’m not sure what it is (I think the 6 cloves of raw garlic I swallowed whole throughout the day) but I’m feeling very queasy and downright sick tonight—hopefully I’ll feel better for a nice Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment